A major composer from Armenia Vache Sharafyan is the author of more than hundred compositions including symphonic works, chamber, choral, vocal music, including the opera “King Abgar”, ballets “Another Moon” (about G. I Gurjieff), “Ancient Gods” (by L. Shant), “the Bride of the desert” /based on Sona Van/.
Sharafyan’s music is widely performed in his native country, but also in the most prestigious international halls in USA, Italy, Russia, France, Canada, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Holland, Thailand, Hungary, Switzerland, Spain, Taiwan, China, Korea, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Ireland, England, Israel, Scotland, Iceland, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Lebanon, Georgia, Greece, Cyprus and Sweden…
Praised as “ stark, mysterious and ultimately majestic ” by The New York Times, “ complex, deliberate, ultimately captivating ” by the Boston Globe, “ ingenious… , kaleidoscope of iridescent timbres…, magical ” by The Strad, “the most wonderful… entirely absorbing to the ear and mind” by Chicago Tribune, the works of Sharafyan were commissioned and/or performed by many outstanding artists such as Yo-Yo Ma and “Silk Road Ensemble”, Yuri Bashmet and The Ensemble “Soloists of Moscow”, The Hilliard Ensemble, Boston Modern Orchestra Project, Dresden Symphony Orchestra, The Metropolitan Museum of Arts (2018), Soli Deo Gloria Psalm project, Jacaranda on the Edge fest, Hover State Chamber Choir, Estonian State Male Choir, ANPO, Dilijan Chamber Music series (USA), Sion Fest to mention a very few…
Vache Sharafyan was born in 1966 in Yerevan (Armenia). A graduate of the Conservatory of Yerevan in 1990, in 1992 he obtained a doctorate in composition in the class of Professor Edvard Mirzoyan. From 1992 to 1996 he taught at the Armenian Theological Seminary in Jerusalem and is the author of a book on sacred hymns for the Church Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
From 2001 was chosen by the great cellist Yo-Yo Ma as an official composer for the Silk Road Project Inc (“Morning scent of the acacia’s song”, “Sun, wine, wind of time”, “Ascending kyamancha”).
In 2007 “Surgite Gloriae” Viola Concerto by Sharafyan was premiered by Yuri Bashmet and the Moscow Soloists at the opening of the Philharmonic Season of Moscow at the Tchaikovsky Conservatory Grand Hall as well as at the Elba Isola Musicale d’Europa International Music Festival.
In 2015-2016 “Surgite Gloriae” was included by the Dresden Symphony Orchestra in the series of sensational concerts “Aghet” dedicated to 100 years of the Armenian Genocide.
2018 premieres include “The Sound of Stone” with animation by Kevork Mourad at the Metropolitan Museum of Arts in NY (MET commission).
2020 on March 4 was premiered “Armenian Odyssey” at the Washington National Cathedral, PCE commission /100 years anniversary of USA-Armenia diplomatic relations/
2021 – world premieres include of “Amazingly pure and simple things” for piano and choir (crystal glasses, accordion, bass drum), with Hover State Choir, Armen Babakhanian , cond. Sona Hovhannisyan. the Ministry of Culture of RA commission
"Four New Seasons" with Almazian Symphony at the Belgrade National Opera Theater
Sharafyan was a semester lecturer at UCLA in 2011.
Civitella Ranieri Fellow 2006, Bogliasco Arts Center Fellow 2013.
BIS records (Sweden) Suite for Cello and Orchestra, Crane for cello, duduk, piano
Albany Records (US) Piano Trio 2 dream of dreams; 2 blooming sounds for solo violin
LCMS (Ireland) Two hymns with Hilliard Ensemble,
Traditional Crossroads (US) 2 Devotions, Sun, Wine Wind of Time for duduk, violin, cello, piano,
Blue Griffin (US) On wings of hymnal #1,2, between the dream and awakening…
1. Sharafyan : “KING ABGAR” 15 soloists, mix choir, symphony orchestra, 2 Acts, 7 scenes; dur. 2 hours; 2010,
/libretto – Gurgen Khandjyan, Artashes Aram, Vigen Chaldranyan/ /with support of VIVACell-MTS general manager Mr. Ralph Yirikian/
1. Sharafyan “The Another Moon” (ballet about G. I. Gurdjieff) (orchestra - 1,2,1,1 – 4, 2, – percussion _4 , harp, piano, descant, strings- 5,5,4,3,3); duration 65 minutes; 2013 (written in Armenia and Bogliasco, Italy) /scenario by Gevorg Vardanyan/
2. Sharafyan “Ancient Gods” ballet in 2 acts, duration 85 min. Scenario by Hakob Movses based on “Ancient Gods” by Levon Shant. (3,3,3,2 4,3,2,1 percussion, strings), 2018./ to Katia and Vardui Kusherians/
3. Sharafyan The Bride of the Desert ballet in one act. Clarinet /Bb, ES/, Trumpet, Horn in F, Piano, Strings /6,6,5,4,2/ 35' min.
1. Sharafyan: SINFONIA no.2 Un Poco CONCERTANTE (symphony orchestra: 2,2,2,2; 2,2,2; percussion, harp, duduk(prerecorded or life), strings, 2008; duration 24 min. (commissioned by Boston Modern Orchestra Project, cond. Gil Rose, premiered at the Jordan Hall, Boston)
2. Sharafyan Armenian Odyssey / soprano, mezzo, alto, oboe/English horn, trumpet, percussion, strings chamber cast/ 40 min.
3. Sharafyan: Concerto for string orchestra (9 violins,3 altos,3 cellos , c-basso), /1992/; 12,30min.
4 Sharafyan: Khostovank for chamber orchestra/1991/ /Flute, Oboe, Horn F, Percussion/1/, Piano, Violins 9 ,Violas 3,V-cellos 3, C-basso 1; 14min.
5. Sharafyan: Symphony for full symphony orchestra /1990/; 17,30min.
6. Sharafyan: Poem for string orchestra/1987/ 9 violins, 3 altos ,2 Cellos ,1 C-basso/; 15,20min.
7. Sharafyan Firework for the symphony orchestra (2,2,2,2 4,2,3, Tuba, Timpani,percussion -3 players. harp, piano, strings) 10 min., to Eduard Topchjan; written for the 90 years anniversary of APO, 25 years of independence anouncement of RA, commissioned by APO and Ministry of culture of RA, 2016
8. Sharafyan: "Fireflies over the lake" for orchestra (flute, oboe, clarinet Bb, Trumpet Bb, percussion -3 includes water bowl , Harp, Strings 5,5,4,4,3), 11 min. 2021
SOLOIST(s) WITH ORCHESTRA
Sharafyan "voice of memory" for cello and string orchestra, 9 min. 2021
Sharafyan “New Four Seasons” for Violin, Soprano and strings 2020 /25 min/ to Almazian Symphony premiered in Oct 2020 at the Belgrade National Opera Hall
Sharafyan Concerto 2 in four movements for piano and string orchestra 30 min. 2019, dedicated to Sergei Babayan
Serenade for duduk and strings 2017, 9 min
Sharafyan Chansons de Vent for 4 duduks and orchestra (strings, percussion) 2017, 15 min.
Sharafyan Triple Concerto for piano, violin, cello and orchestra (flute, oboe, clarinet, Trumpet Bb 1, Timpani, percussion -1, Violin 1, 2, viola, cello, c-bass), 30 min., 2016, commissioned by Nobilis Trio
Sharafyan : Concerto # 2 for Cello and orchestra (clarinet Bb, bass clarinet, percussion -3, harp, piano, strings), dedicated to Suren Bagratuni, duration 28 min., 2013.
Sharafyan : Partita for Violin and orchestra /flute, oboe, clarinet, horn F 2, trumpet Bb, timpani, strings/ (5 movements- Aria with overflying bird, Passacaglia, Fantasie un poco Sarabande, Cadenza (solo), Tutti), dedicated to Anne Akiko Meyers; 2012, 17 min.
Sharafyan: BURLESCA for violin and string orchestra (also piano reduction); dur.7 min. 2009 (for Polina Sharafyan)
Sharafyan : Suite for cello & orchestra (oboe, strings) 23 min. (released on BIS records 2011; Alexander Chaushian , Armenian National Philharmonic Orchestra , cond. E. Topchjan)
Sharafyan: SUITE for Viola and orchestra (oboe, strings); 1) Mattinata, 2) Waltz-Chaccone, 3) Sarabande-Courante, 4) Postero Die. dedicated to Yuri Bashmet, dur 23 min. 2009
Sharafyan: LUMINOUS SILHOUETTE of the song for clarinet Bb with orchestra (flute 2, oboe 2, Fr. horn 2, trumpet 1, percussion (2), harp, solo clarinet, vln1, vln2, viole, cello, c-bassi; 11`min, 2008 (commissioned by CDMC, France, publisher Editions BIM, Switzerland)
Sharafyan: “CON-COR-D-A-NCE” Concerto # 2 for Violin and chamber symhony orchestra (flute, oboe, bassoon, Fr. horn 1,2, trumpet Bb 1, percussion 1, harp, vln.1, vln.2, violas, celli, c-bassi; 27 minutes; 2008
Sharafyan: Eleven Arrangements and Transcriptions of the Folk Tunes by Komitas for duduk, (dhol-drum) & string orchestra; 2006; 30 min
Sharafyan: QUASSI CONCERTO PER PIANOFORTE E ARCHI (string orchestra version) 20 min. commissioned by the Dilijan Chamber Music Series, 2006, written in Civitella Ranieri Castle, Italy (20 min)
Sharafyan: Concerto # 1 for violoncello and orchestra (chamber and symphony orchestra versions), dedicated to Suren Bagratuni, 2004; 23’min. premiered on November 19, 2005 Michigan, USA
Sharafyan: Concerto for tenor saxophone and full symphony orchestra. /dedicated to James Houlik/ 2003; 18‘ min. prem. on March 19, 2005, Mansfield symphony, (OH)
Sharafyan: The Morning Scent of the Acacia’s Song (orchestral version) for duduk, voce/soprano, offstage/ & string orchestra./ 2003/; ~17 min. prem. September 2004, Carnegie Zankel Hall (publisher G. Schirmer)
Sharafyan: Concerto-grosso for orchestra (2 Pianos,4 violins,2 violas,2 v-cellos,C-basso); /2002/; 16min.
Sharafyan: Concerto-sonata for alto saxophone, piano and string orchestra./2000/;16 min. prem. in 2005; dedicated to John Sampen and Marilyn Shrude
Sharafyan: Concertoserenata (#1) for violin and string orchestra /1998/; 18,15min. prem in 1999, Movses Pogossian (vln), Serenade orchestra, E. Topchyan(cond), American premiere in 2000 with Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble, cond. Robin Fountain
CHOIR WITH ORCHESTRA/Ensemble/
1. Sharafyan: CANTICUM DOLOROSUM & CANTICUM PACIFICUM for soprano, mix choir & orchestra (trumpet Bb, bass drum, piano & strings) (written in Civitella Ranieri Castle, Italy); duration~ 20 minutes; 2006-2009
2. Sharafyan: LACRYMOSA for solo cello, descant, soprano, mix choir & symphony orchestra (2,2,2,2, 4,2,2, percussion-2, harp, archi); written for the movie “MAESTRO” (producer Vigen Chaldranyan) , premiered by APO and Hover choir cond. E.Topchyan, S. Hovhannissyan; duration 10 min., 2008
3. Sharafyan : “ANDASTAN” Cantata for children choir & ensemble /clarinet, duduk, percussion, piano, string quartet, /2015/ , in commemoration of the 100 years of the Armenian Genocide in 1915, texts- Kyrie Eleison, Komitas “to the Crucified”, Daniel Varuzhan “Andastan”/blessing of the 4 corners of the world/, 18 min. commissioned by George Pehlivanian, version of the same with symphony orchestra
4. Sharafyan : Cantata “Everlasting life” for mix choir, piano and string quartet, in commemoration of the 100 years of the Armenian Genocide in 1915, 2015, 24 min., 5 movements – Adam /Hebrew, Book of Genesis/, Lacrymae, Yunus /Turkish, Yunus Emre/ , Maqam / Arabic,…/, Pray /Armenian, text by Komitas/, commissioned by the SION Festival, Switzerland
5. “Requiem for the Desert” for mezzo soprano, soprano (or diskantus), choir (S,A,T) and orchestra (2 oboe, 2 Fr. Horn F, percussion 2, piano, strings), texts – requeim aeternam, “libretto for the desert” excerpts Sona Van, 2017, 27 min. recorded in 2018
74. Trio # 2 for saxophone, cello and piano. (to Apricus Trio) commiss. by He Yao Cao, 16 min. 2021
73. Quartet in four movements for flute, cello, harp and piano. Commissioned by EMC /extended music collective/, 2021. 10 min
72. "petrified dance" for viola and piano /also version for violin-piano/, 5 min. 2021
71. “after the rain” 3 songs for soprano and piano /lyrics by Gagik Karapetyan/, 2021
70. Dance Book for one and two pianos. 20 min. /2020/
69. Konzertstuck "in style of the Concert" for clarinet and string quartet, commissioned by the Dilijan Chamber Music Series (USA), 18 min., 2018
68. Sharafyan The Sound of Stone 15 movements cycle for different casts including piano, percussion, soprano, mezzo, alto, cello, duduk. dur. 70 min. commissioned by The Metropolitan Museum of Arts , 2018
67. Silent White for solo piano , 6 min. 2015 , dedicated to Svetlana Navasardyan
66. Cellostasia for solo Cello 7 min., 2017
65. Cello-tears for solo Cello. 7 min., 2017
64. Concerto-Grosso “Fire-bird” for clarinet, violin, viola, cello, harpsichord /or piano/ 20 min, 2015.
63. Dialogues with Komitas for soprano, flute, clarinet, duduk/zurna, percussion, guitar, violin, cello. (includes Sharafyans arrangements of Komitas dances, songs, sacred music as well as original compositions by Vache Sharafyan, duration 50 min.) Recorded on Deutsche Gramophone, 2014
62. Divertissement for string quintet (2 violins, viola, cello, c-bass), 25 min, commissioned by Dilijan chamber Music series, 2014 (World premiere played in Nov 2014, Zipper Hall, Los Angeles)
61. “Two Translations” for flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano, commissioned by the Festival delle Nazioni, 2014. 18 min. (prem. August 2014 Sansepolcro, Italy)
60. Drawing in Air for solo flute (9 min) 2014 (prem. in August 2014, Italy )
59. Cello-Dance for solo cello, 9 min, dedicated to Mario Brunello, 2014, prem. in Citta di Castello, Italy Sept 4 2014.
57. “Goats in the Fog” for soprano saxophone and alto saxophone , commissioned by John Sampen, 10 min. 2013
56. Cello-breath” for solo cello, 6 min. com. by Suren Bagratuni, 2013.
54. Madrigale for alto saxophone , 8 minutes /2013/; commissioned by James Umble
53. “Gem-Rose” for soprano, cello and pre-recorded track, to Marta Bagratuni; /7 min./ 2013
52. “Eyes color of the sea” for soprano and cello /7 min/ 2013
51. CONTINUATIONS four movements for piano trio (14 min) , for SIMA Trio (NY). 2012
50. 4 Arrangements of Komitas pieces for piano trio, 2012
49. PARTITA for violin and piano (duration 17` min), dedicated to Anne Akiko Meyers; commissioned by Anne Akiko Meyers; 2012
48. “Between the dream & awake” for alto saxophone & cello, 8 min. commissioned by Suren Bagratuni & James Forger, 2012
47. “Path towards this moment” for viola and organ ; 7 min. 2012 (premiered by Maxim Novikov and Jevgenia Lisitsina in Riga Dome in 2012)
46. Once in a Beautiful Meadow for ensemble ZERAFIN (panflute, duduk, qanun, percussion, mezzo-sprano, erhu, viola d’ gamba, contabass), commissioned by ZERAFIN (Amsterdam) 15 min. 2011
45. “Bridge music” for duduk, soprano domra, alto domra, bass balalaika, bayan; written for Terem quartet; 8 min., 2011
44. On wings of hymnal n. 5 “Look lovingly merciful Father” for 3 violins; 3 min. (also version for 3 cellos) 2011
43. Psalm n. 51 “Have mercy on me, O, God” for tenor and string quartet , 8 min., commissioned by Soli Deo Gloria, Psalm Project , 2011
42. Sharafyan: “don’t ask me” arr. for duduk, violin & string quartet; 5 min, 2011
41. Sharafyan : ” Esquisses nostalgiques” for wind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon,
Fr. horn) + duduk/zurna, commissioned by Quintette a vent Marseille, 24 min, 2011
40. Sharafyan: “opus brevis” for soprano saxophone 4`min. for Nicolas Prost 2010
38. Sharafyan: STANZA for solo harp, 6` min., dedicated to Valentina Borisova, 2010
36. Sharafyan: Sonata-Fantasy for viola and piano, 20 min. 2009 (to Maxim Novikov)
35. Sharafyan: Vi-O -La no. 2 for solo viola. to Maxim Novikov; 14 min. 2009
34. Sharafyan: “light-drop peals” for soprano & viola, by poetry of Basho, (6 movements), 2009; 20` min. (commissioned by Maxim Novikov) clarinet-viola version premiered in
2012 in Berlin by Andy Miles and Maxim Novikov and recorded in 2013
33. Sharafyan: Suite for viola and piano (reduction) ; (ded. to Yuri Bashmet), 2009
32. Sharafyan: “Vi-O-La” for solo viola (“Vita, Origo Laudis”),10 min. 2009; (ded. to Maxim Novikov)
31. Sharafyan: “Luminous Silhouette of a song” for clarinet Bb & piano (reduction) (2008)commissioned by CDMC, France, publisher Editions BIM Switzerland) 11min.
30. Sharafyan: QUINTETTO QUASSI CONCERTO PER PIANOFORTE E ARCHI (violin1, violin2, viola &cello);20 min.; commissioned for the Dilijan Chamber Music Series, 2006; written in Civitella Ranieri Castle, Italy (20 min)
29. Sharafyan: “My Lofty Moon” for duduk/zurna/, qanun, sho, sheng, percussion (1), flute, clarinet, harp, violin, viola, cello &c-bass; 10 min.; 2006; to be premiered by Atlas Ensemble in Amsterdam Muziekgebouw January 23, 2007
28.Sharafyan: Another Tale for solo piano ; written for Sofia Sharafyan; 3 min.
27. Sharafyan: Seventeen Arrangements of the Folk Tunes and Transcriptions of Komitas pieces for duduk, (dhol-drum) & string quartet; 2006; 48 min.
26. Sharafyan: Offertorium for solo Clarinet(Bb), flute, trumpet (Bb), percussion (1), piano, violin, cello, c-bass; 10` min. 2006
25. Sharafyan: Canticum Gratiosum for baritone, flute, clarinet (Bb), trumpet (Bb), percussion (1), piano, violin, cello, c-bass; 2005; 12’min; (commissioned by MATA Festival to be premiered on October 1 in St. Peters’ church in New York)
24. Sharafyan: Offertorium version for clarinet Bb & piano, 2005; 9’ min; (commissioned by Todd Brunnel and Ara Sarkissian)
23. Sharafyan: Serenade With a Dandelion for two violins, 2005; 10’ min. (dedicated to Varty Manouelian & Movses Pogossian)
22. Sharafyan: On Wings of the Hymnal #1 for cello and piano, 2005; 10 min. (dedicated to Suren Bagratuni),
21. Sharafyan: On Wings of the Hymnal #2 for cello and piano, 2005; 7 min. (dedicated to Suren Bagratuni),
20. Sharafyan: Blooming sounds for solo violin, 2004; 9’min. (Commissioned my AGBU; dedicated to M.Pogossian)
19.Sharafyan: Voices of the invisible blue butterflies for piano, 2004; 7’ min.
18. Sharafyan: Adumbrations of the Peacock for piano quartet /violin, viola, v-cello & piano/2003; ~14 min. (Written for the “Apple Hill Chamber Music Players”). To be premiered on September 28 in Philadelphia, USA
17. Sharafyan: Piano Trio N2 The Dream of Dreams (for violin, cello and piano) 2003. 17 min. /commissioned by the Baird trio/ premiered in Carnegie Hall on April 9, 2004.
16. Sharafyan: Ascending Kemancha for doudook/zurna/, V-cello, Piano. 2002; 14 min. Dedicated to Yo-Yo Ma. Prem. 2002 Yerevan, US prem. 2004, Dortmouth, Hungary premiere in 2005 with cellist Csaba Onczay
15. Sharafyan: Ancient Anthem for Soprano and Violin 2002; 7’min. prem. in 2003, Tony Arnold, Movses Pogossian, Buffalo (NY)
14. Sharafyan: The Morning Scent of the Acacia’s Song for doodouk and string quartet, commissioned for Yo-Yo Ma’s the Silk Road Project Inc. /2001/ 16min. Publisher – G. Schirmer; prem. in 2002, Cologne Philharmonics (Germany).
13. Sharafyan: By Kouchak for voce, flute, clarinet and piano. /2001/ 6min.
12. Sharafyan: The Four Seasons for 12 musicians/4 soloists/ and narrator /2001/./commissioned by PNME. (Flute, alto saxophone, percussion/3/, piano, soprano, violin 1,violin 2, viola, violoncello, c-basso, reader.) 35′ min; prem. in 2002 , PNME, cond. Kevin Noe, Pittsburgh (US)
11. Sharafyan: Piano Trio N1 for violin, violoncello and piano. /2000/ commissioned for Pittsburgh Trio; 15,10min.
10. Sharafyan: Sonata for alto saxophone and piano /2000/. commissioned by John Sampen; 15,30 min; prem. 2004 ,Toledo Great Museum, (US)
9. Sharafyan: To Autumnal Leaves and to Stars for alto saxophone, violin, violoncello, percussion and piano. /1999/; 8min.(later included in The Four Seasons)
8. Sharafyan: Two Devotions for Tar, Kyamancha, Dhol, Tam-Tam, Piano and string quartet. /1999/ ; 25min.
7. Sharafyan: The Eclipse for alto saxophone, violin and piano. /1999/; 14,10min. Prem. in 1999; Bowling Green (OH)
6. Sharafyan: Sonata No2 for violin and piano /1998/ ; 12 min. Prem in 1998; Bowling Green New Music and Art Festival; M.Pogossian, V. Sharafyan
5. Sharafyan: The Sun, the Wine and the Wind of Time for doodouk, violin, violoncello and piano /1998/; 16,5min.
4. Sharafyan: Five songs for soprano and piano by Metsarents/1993/; 15,20min.
3. Sharafyan: Sonata No1 for violin and piano /1997/; 11,30min.
2. Sharafyan: String quartet /1997/ ; 19,20min.
1. Sharafyan: Heralding Dawn Music for 15 instruments /1990/ /Flute, Oboe, Clarinet in Bb, Fagot, Horn in F, Trumpet Bb, Trombone, Percussion/2/, Piano, Violin1, Violin2, Viola, V-cello, C-basso/ ; 11min.
CHOIR /CHOIR WITH INSTRUMENTS
1. Sharafyan SNOW CANTATA for mix choir (baritone, organ, not compulsory crotales); texts by Vanetsi, Metsarents, Komitas, Shiraz, Myoe, Dogen; dur. 40 min. 2011
2. Sharafyan: Tsov Kentsaghuis (“The Sea of Daily Life Troubling Me”), by sharakan of St.Mesrop Mashtots (Vth Century) For Counter-Tenor, Tenor, Baritone, Bass (or mixed choir) and three doudooks / 2003/ ~5min.
3. Sharafyan: Ter vor i mej lerinn for mix choir a capella by sharakan of St. M. Mashtots (Vth Century) /1996/ 5,15min.
4. Sharafyan: Waterfall Music for mix choir a’capella or with viola, (text by Matsuo Basho); 2011; 6 min
5. Sharafyan : “Ne” /She/ for mix choir, 5 min. text by Petros Durian, dedicated to Sona Hovhannisyan, 2015
6. Sharafyan : STABAT MATER for soprano (mezzo) and male choir, commissioned by the Estonian National Male Choir, cond. Mikk Uleoja. 18 min. 2017
7 Music for the theater “Pepo” (Sundukian State Theater commission, prod. Armen Elbakyan) 14 movements, Choir, Ensemble., dur. 40 min.
8. Sharafyan “Aubade” for mix choir, based on poem by William Shakespeare, 4 min. 2018
9. “Amazingly pure and simple things” for Piano, mix Choir, Crystal Glasses, Accordion, bass drum /2020/, duration 70 minutes.
COMPOSITIONS WITH AUTHENTIC (Folk) INSTRUMENTS
1. Sharafyan: The Sun ,the Wine and the Wind of Time for doodouk, violin, violoncello and piano /1998/; 16,5min.
2. Sharafyan: Two Devotions for Tar, Kemanche, Dhol, Tam-Tam, Piano and string quartet./1999/ ; 25min.
3. Sharafyan: The Morning Scent of the Acacia’s Song (orchestral version) for doudook, voce/soprano/ & string orchestra./2001- 2003/; ~17 min., Publisher – G. SCHIRMER
4. Sharafyan: The Morning Scent of the Acacia’s Song for doodouk and string quartet, commissioned for Yo-Yo Ma’s the Silk Road Project Inc. /2001/;~ 16min. Publisher – G. Schirmer
5. Sharafyan: Ascending Kyamancha for doudook/zurna/,V-cello,Piano. /2002/ 14min. Dedicated to Yo-Yo Ma.
6. Sharafyan: Eleven Arrangements and Transcriptions of the Folk Tunes by Komitas for duduk, (dhol-drum) & string orchestra; 2006; 30 min.
7. Sharafyan: “My Lofty Moon” for duduk/zurna/, qanun, sho, sheng, percussion (1), flute, clarinet, harp, violin, viola, cello &c-bass; 10 min.; 2006; to be premiered by Atlas Ensemble in Amsterdam Muzik gebouw January 23, 2007
8. Sharafyan: Tsov Kentsaghuis (“The Sea of Daily Life Troubling Me”) by sharakan of St.Mesrop Mashtots (Vth Century) for Counter-Tenor, Tenor, Baritone, Bass (or mixed choir) and three doudooks / 2003/ ~5min.
9. Once in a Beautiful Meadow for ensemble (panflute, duduk, qanun, percussion, mezzo-sprano, erhu, viola d’ gamba, contabass), commissioned by ZERAFIN (Amsterdam) 15 min. 2011
10. Sinfonia 2 un poco concertante for Symphony orchestra with duduk (live or pre-recorded) BMOP comission 2007 25 min
11. Surgite Gloriae Viola concerto with duduk, voices, orchestra. Dedicated to Yuri Bashmet, 20 min.
12. "don't ask me" for violin,. duduk and strings
13. concerto for 4 duduks and strings
14. Esquisses nostalgicues for duduk/zurna, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, Fr. horn, commissioned by the Marseille quinet a vent.
15. Violin and Duduk concerto with string orchrstra (commissioned by Maria Safariants)
MUSIC for Film and Theater
Music for film "Maestro" prod. Vigen Chaldranyan /best music award nominee/
music for film "Land surveyors" prod. Suren Babayan
Film "Geghard" (Spear) prod, Hrant Movsisyan
music for pantomime theater "Sheranik" prod. Zhirayr Dadasyan
music for pantomime theater "Goat-rite" prod. Zh. Dadasyan /best music award nominee/
music for "Pepo" prod. A. Elbakyan , Sundukyan theater
music for "Daredevils of Sasoun" prod. Samson Movsisiyan , Sundukyan theater /best music award/
music for "The ladies room" by R. Santana, prod. H. Ghazanchyan , Paronyan theater
music for "before the down" prod. R. Khachatryan, V. Papazyan theater /best music award nominee/2019
1st online international live play "Dyadya Vanya" (by A. Chekhov), prod. John Blondel (USA) 2020
music for the film "three graves of the artist" prod. Harutyun Khachatryan (2021)
music for "Eurydice" (by Sarah Ruhl) Sundukyan State Theater , producer John Blondel (USA) 2021
music for "King on the square" (by Alexander Blok) Paronyan State theater, prod. Hakob Ghazanchyan 2021